Tuesday, June 18, 2024

The Subject of "I Am Alpha & Omega"

  I have begun working on A&O again as a result of discussing the music with a musician of significant talent who I think has a propensity for the subject matter, judging firm his previous work.

   Without getting into that, I will say that I consider "I Am Alpha & Omega" to be my Magnum Opus in theatrical terms.

   My goal has always been to address "the second advent of Christ" as a 3 dimensional theatrical experience, but to do so in an aesthetic fashion that addresses certain issues around that event. The issue there is proclaiming the concept in such a way as to bring it to people who are not yet fully informed about what that means and to do so in a what that informs without a rigid doctrine stance that is crafted in older world thinking on the subject. Hence, the content is based on the teachings of The General Church of the New Jerusalem, a church that has been formed as a result of the writings of Emanuel Swedenborg.

   I will address this further, as I post information about the rewrites that are beginning to take place. For now, here is a link to the Bryn Athyn Church, which is the world centre for these teachings.

   June 19th is viewed as the date the church was established. The teachings of the church are based on the belief that the Second Coming has already happened and that it was a spiritual event manifesting in the Word.

   We have a Pageant event that takes place on June 19th that deals with the events told of in the Apocalypse (Revelations). This Pageant is very much in line with the Third Act of "I Am Alpha & Omega". If you go to the Cathedral site above, you will find sermons that discuss the subject, particularly those taking place near to and leading up to June 19th.


   My Facebook Page has some posts on the subject with photos of the Pageant, as I performed the role of John for over twenty years. I retired from that role after last years performance and this year I will be portraying the Lord.

AG



   

No comments:

Post a Comment