Saturday, June 1, 2024

Music Composition

    


  I'm quite a ways out in regard to composing the music, but I have been speaking to someone about getting together on the music. Unfortunately our method of communicating is rather erratic, so I will just post here that, if we are moving toward that, then make sure we get together sooner or later on that. 

   I have much to do on the Libretto, so a rewrite is in order there and that will be my focus of attention. Normally, I would craft the Libretto as the music is being composed, but if we are not in communication about the music, then I will do the Libretto first and worry about the music later.

  I am working on crafting a new conception for the imagery needed for Act One, based on some new information that has come to me. I expect that I will compose some music after I get clear on the timing of Act One. I do have that capability. I say that in the light of rewriting the Libretto to accommodate some new design concepts.  If I lay down some music tracks, it will only be because nobody has stepped up to the plate before I get to that point.  I have a MIDI  EWI and keyboard to help with that.  Doing that is a long way off, I need to finish The Gnomes of New Hope first. but I am prepared to compose the music if I have to.  Although, I would rather not. Simply because I get easily distracted with so much to do and I fear I might not get it finished before I drop dead.

AG

No comments:

Post a Comment